A goliardic list with 10 reasons and situations where you would be much better off having a boat than a car.
TEN REASONS WHY A BOAT IS BETTER THAN A CAR
1. Car means smog, queues, stress, numb muscles. Boat means freedom, sea air, relaxation. There is nothing more to add: the boat makes you enjoy life, the car (ce) ruins it!
2. A spicy evening with your partner will take on a decidedly more romantic tone on board, with the silence of the sea, the smell of salt, and the moonlight illuminating you. Much, much better than in the lay-by of a rest area: not to mention that you will have averted the risk of any peeping toms.
3. The machine needs to be serviced every two years, and every two years is trouble. The registered boat is issued a safety certificate and has much longer overhaul intervals: for a new boat we talk about 8-10 years depending on the EC category (then 5 years from the second renewal). On the other hand, if you own a watercraft (i.e., a boat whose hull is within ten meters), forget the above. No revision.
4. Tap iron before you read what you are about to read. The people who die in boats each year you can count on the fingers of one hand: due to traffic accidents, on the other hand, there are about 1.25 million deaths annually.
5. If you fall into the water from a boat launched at full speed you might be okay. Try it on the highway.
6. While you are cruising at cruising speed, all you need is a fishing rod, line and artificial bait and you can catch tuna and skipjack. If you do it by car, at most you may run into some nutria, mice or pigeons. And definitely in a fine.
7. Have you ever heard of anyone on a boat being ten hours in line to get to where they wanted to spend their vacation? To date, none!
8. When boating, you have no speed limits (except for port areas) or traffic lights (although safety always comes first). Only recommendation: if you plan to drink even at sea leave the command to someone else, sober!
9. It will probably be normal in a few years, but for now there are no cars on the road that drive themselves. How long has it been since you have been able to rely on a highly efficient and reliable autopilot in your boat and enjoy 100% of the pleasure of sailing?
10. The boat can be your vacation home wherever you decide to go. Like an RV sure, but try diving out of the RV as soon as you wake up as you would after a night in the roadstead….